About Marcia Erskine & Associates Limited
Marcia Erskine & Associates Limited is a public relations agency which has since 1992 carried out public relations corporate marketing, public education and community relations programmes on behalf of several major companies in Jamaica.
The agency was established to provide exclusive service in that it works with a selected number of clients, and endeavours to meet their objectives on a very professional and personalized basis.
- Website Development
- Corporate Image Development
- Media Relationship Development
- Public Relations Consultancy
- Development of Marketing Programmes
- Public Relations Support to Marketing Programmes
- Advertising Consultancy
- Development of Publications, Brochures and Supplements
- Arrangement of Conferences, Workshops, Seminars
- Product/New Business Launches
- Long Service Awards Programmes
- Designing and Implementing Staff Awareness Programmes
- Media Programmes
- Direct Coverage of Functions and Events
- Designing Booths for Trade Shows and Exhibitions
- Production of Collateral Materials to Support General and Special Needs
- Website, Video and Brochure Development
- Development of Press Releases, Feature Stories and Individual and Company Profiles
- Development of Speeches and Special Messages
Public Relations in Management
MEA views public relations as an integral part of the management function, and the company is therefore equipped to apply learned skills in the areas of management to impact on the development of any public relations programme on behalf of its clients.
While MEA is primarily a public relations company, the agency has offered advertising services to meet the specific needs of its clients. We are therefore also prepared to offer our clients the following:
- advertising consultancy
- production of both electronic and print media advertising campaigns
- placement services
MEA is usually a four person operation of public relations specialists. We however, also have the services of the following professionals available to us on a freelance basis:
- graphic artists
- logistics personnel
- project implementors
MEA has the capability of offering the range of services necessary for the production of quality publications including:
- annual/financial reports
- special publications, etc.
Our own positive and close working relationship with both the electronic and print media, and an ability to tailor-make newsworthy material to meet the requirements of individual media, has been translated to an invaluable rapport between our clients and the media.
MEA enjoys quite a positive reputation as communications consultants generally and in the hospitality and tourism industry in particular, MEA has worked extensively with both the private and public sectors. Private sector clients include the Jamaica Hotel & Tourist Association, British Airways, Jamaica Pegasus and Half Moon Montego Bay Hotels. The Agency was also the communications company of record for the USAID funded projects Environmental Audits for Sustainable Tourism and the Coastal Water Quality Improvement Project did a great deal of work in environmental and coastal management respectively, between 2000-2008.
Public sector assignments have also been implemented on behalf of the Jamaica Tourist Board and the Forestry Department and MEA has been involved with communicating activities of and developing mass information programmes for sustainable development projects funded by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). MEA’s terms of reference in working with the aforementioned agencies and organizations has included:
- The development and implementation of a comprehensive public education and communications programme including the production of news releases and features and the publication of newsletters and news bulletins.
- The agency has been actively involved in planning and executing launch events, managing communications via news media, community groups and other target audiences.
- MEA has been instrumental in designing communications strategy and tools for diverse groupings and organization of seminars, conferences and presentations to target audiences.
- MEA has also been involved in the presentation of the Jamaican tourism product in various overseas fora including the annual marketing blitz of the Caribbean islands which MEA coordinates.
The Company’s Managing Director, Mrs. Marcia Erskine is a professional communicator of some 30 years’ experience and has had a distinguished career in both journalism and in public relations in the private and public sectors. A Past President of the Public Relations Society of Jamaica and of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), she holds a B.A. from the Caribbean Institute of Mass Communications, University of the West Indies, Mona, Jamaica. She also holds certificates in marketing management and total quality management from the Jamaica Institution of Management and in graphic design from the Graphic Design Institute in Peoria, Illinois.
Mrs. Erskine has been an editor and a columnist for several newspapers, magazines and journals in Jamaica, the Caribbean and internationally and has broadcast from Jamaica for Caribbean radio networks.
She has co-ordinated several major projects and is a fellow of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) - funded International Centre for Research and Training in Major Project Management.
She has also conducted public relations training courses for several local companies including the Sandals Group, Urban Development Corporation, the Small Business Development Centre and the Jamaica Co-operative Credit Union League Limited.
- IABC Caribbean Public Relations Pioneer Award (2007)
- Family Health International Award for services to the Jamaica AIDS at Workplace Programme (2003)
- Torch Bearers Award for PR Training Services on behalf of the Small Business Development Centre (1987)
Marcia Erskine is the Chairman of the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI), a special committee of the United Way of Jamaica with a mission “to build bridges of cooperation in developing, implementing and sustaining projects in health, education and philanthropy which contribute to the improved well-being of all Jamaicans.
Mrs. Erskine also sits on the Boards of the United Way of Jamaica and the St. Patrick’s Foundation.
Contact us now to discuss your needs!